Happy World Human Spirit Day! Have you heard of this “holiday” before? We hadn’t, until recently; however, the more we read about it, the more we connected with its purpose. On World Human Spirit Day people are encouraged to take two minutes of silence at 3pm Eastern Time to meditate. Created by Michael Levy in 2003, one website describes World Human Spirit Day as:
A day to search within for contentedness and to embrace the fact that we do not have all the answers and that may be for the best. A day to give a higher power thanks for what we have and what we don’t have, for making us who we are and for giving us the ability to touch others. This day is a celebration of continuity, of hope, of awareness, an occasion for us all to connect spiritually, to gaze at the universe beyond our worldly bodies.
In light of this day, we are reflecting a lot on balance, gratitude, mindfulness and self-love. Below we’ve compiled some tips and tricks to help you unlock new potential this World Human Spirit Day. The message of World Human Spirit Day is a moving reminder of the simple ways we can empower ourselves every day.
World Human Spirit Day encourages two minutes of silent meditation. Did you know that meditation has been shown to balance the body’s systems, reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, and improve brain health?
- Never tried meditation before and don’t know where to start? Take a look at this resource full of helpful tips
- If you want to go beyond World Human Spirit Day’s recommended two minutes of silent meditation or experiment with meditating with calming, ambient noise, try this playlist
- Enhance calm and clarity pre-meditation by sipping on Tulsi Tea
Mind-body, heart-soul harmony is everyone’s goal. With optimized emotional and physical health, we perform better, feel better, and become more confident to take on whatever comes our way. So how to unlock this heightened, ideal state? Some strategies to try:
- Exercise daily
- Practice yoga – its therapeutic effects are huge
- Plan your meals ahead so you’re always prepared and well-fueled on natural, healthy foods
- Allow yourself to indulge every now and then
- Get adequate rest each night – Four Sigmatic Reishi Mushroom Elixir works beautifully to calm you down and improve sleep quality by regulating the hormonal system and lowering cortisol levels; for those dealing with insomnia, Stressnil is recommended
Scientists have found that people who practice gratitude report feeling more optimistic and happy. Those who consciously practice gratitude have also been shown to have lower blood pressure and stronger immune systems. Ultimately, gratitude is good for our health!
Make it a daily habit to practice gratitude:
- Keep a journal
- Express your thanks and appreciation to others – in person, over the phone or in a handwritten letter
- Stop to appreciate nature and the beautiful moments in routine daily life
- When facing challenge or difficulty, push yourself to see the silver lining as well
- Extend your gratitude to yourself and your body – incorporate self-appreciation into each day
Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.- Aberjhani
Self-love is arguably the highest form of health care. When we accept and respect ourselves entirely, we can focus on making decisions that support our health and happiness. Self-love can be difficult to master, but taking baby steps can lead to a breakthrough surge of self-esteem and sensations of deep contentment. Many of the tips in the subsections above are great ways to work on self-love, but here are a few extras to keep in mind.
- Try daily affirmations; “Affirmations are proven methods of self-improvement because of their ability to rewire our brains”
- Make time for yourself – whether it is a nightly bath time ritual with candles and salts, a weekly coffee date with yourself and a good book, or a walk in nature, give yourself time to rejuvenate and reflect
- Celebrate every achievement and milestone you conquer – no matter how small it may seem
- Be mindful of how you think and talk about yourself
- Focus your effort on relationships that build you up rather than tear you down or cause you stress
We encourage you to find your balance this World Human Spirit Day, but most importantly, we encourage you to never give up your search for harmony, wellness and inner strength. This day to “search within” is a beautiful reminder of the many wonderful and practical ways you can be your own champion and improve your health and wellness in this life. If you have any experiences with World Human Spirit Day that you’d like to share with us, we’d love to hear them! Reach out to us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.