It’s one of the busiest times of year for parents and kids. Back to school means transitioning to new routines, which can be challenging for every member of the family. We wanted to help minimize parents’ stress, so they can focus on the harmony and happiness of themselves, their kids and their families during these hectic first days back. This is why we decided to put together five delicious and easy meal/snack ideas that work well for every member of the family! Each recipe is loaded with nutrition so you can stay full of energy, satisfied, and focused all day long.
As a bonus, we conclude this back to school recipe round up with tips and ideas to help minimize the environmental impact and maximize the health of your packed lunches. Read on for your back to school lunch inspiration!
Mocha Boost Smoothie (vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free)
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Warrior Blend, Mocha flavour
- 1 packet Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee with Cordyceps & Chaga
- 1/2-1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- Handful fresh spinach
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Planet Hemp organic hemp oil
- Pinch Lakanto Golden Sweetener (optional)
- Dash of real vanilla extract (optional)
- Liquid of choice (almond milk, coconut milk, water, etc)
- Blend all ingredients together in high speed blender until smooth.
Curry Raw Wraps (vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free)
- ½ zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 5 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Rallis ice-pressed olive oil
- Juice of 1/2-1 lime
- Pinch of garam masala
- 1 Curry flavour Pure Wrap
- Combine first four ingredients together in a bowl, tossing gently.
- Add oil, lime juice, and garam masala to a mason jar. Tightly close lid and shake until dressing ingredients come together.
- Add dressing to zucchini mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place Curry Pure Wrap on counter. Add desired amount of dressed zucchini mixture to wrap and wrap like a burrito.*
*To avoid Pure Wrap going soggy, keep wrap and zucchini filling separate until ready to roll and eat.
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans (AKA chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 chia or flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax or chia powder + 6 Tbsp water)
- 2 dash cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener*
- 5 – 10 strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chia or flax egg ingredients, stir, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except strawberries in high-speed blender or food processor, and process until smooth.*
- Scoop mixture into large mixing bowl, add strawberries, and stir.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Coconut Latte (caffeine-free, vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free)
by/via DandyBlend.com (adapted by Raw Elements)
- 8oz filtered hot water
- 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Dandy Blend
- 1/4-1/2 cup of milk or favourite milk alternative
- Mix well. Let the oil melt and use a small hand blender to incorporate the oil into the drink.
Omega Energy Orbs (vegetarian, sugar-free, gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup Planet Hemp Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup Planet Hemp Supergreens Original
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp Planet Hemp Hemp Seeds
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl and roll into little bite size balls.
- Combine the shredded coconut and 2 tbsp PlanetHemp Hemp Seeds and spread out on a flat surface. Roll the little balls in the mixture and then chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Store in the freezer as these will soften quickly, especially in warm temperatures.
Tips for packing an environmentally friendly, nutritious lunch:
- Opt for durable, BPA-free containers, packaging and cutlery that can be washed and reused.
- Recycle and/or compost items from lunch whenever possible.
- Choose local and seasonal produce.
- Drink from a reusable canister/bottle/thermos. Choose water instead of sugar-laden sodas and juices.
- Use Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter to find recipes that allow you to transform staples like hemp seeds, coconut oil, and more in countless ways. It’s a great way to stretch your dollar further and push your creativity to stay on track with healthy eating! Our Ambassadors are superfood superstars who will definitely inspire you.