Photo credit: Instagram @whatrobineats
A cup of Joe the world’s best-known morning pick-me-up. For some who don’t always get a great night’s rest, a hot coffee is the only thing that gets them through their days! One group that arguably wins the title for “Most Often to be Running on Little to no Sleep” is moms.
Our dear mothers — with their blindingly late nights feeding babies, busy days running after toddlers, endlessly shuttling teenagers to and from school and extracurricular activities, and sleeplessness worrying about adult kids who no longer live at home — they deserve some peaceful “me” time.
Being a mom is a full time job with no days off. Mothers constantly juggle so many priorities inside and outside the home, often forgetting to prioritze their own needs and wants. This Mother’s Day, we encourage moms everywhere to carve a slice of time out for themselves. We’re celebrating YOU by giving you an opportunity have your cake and eat it too! For real, this recipe combines cake and coffee, so you can treat yourself and get that extra little boost of energy to push you through the day. Best of all, this coffee cake is as easy to put together as it is delicious!
Mom’s Coffee Crumble-Top Coffee Cake
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Sugar-Free (option)
For the coffee cake:
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free flour of choice
- 2 Tbsp Lakanto sweetener classic
OR 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened nutmilk of choice
- ¼ cup brewed Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
OR 1 mashed banana OR 4 figs (if dry, soften in warm water)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the crumble top:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup thick cut rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee pack
- Spray/oil a nonstick loaf pan and Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Using a hand mixer, blend together coffee cake ingredients then pour batter into loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and then sprinkle evenly over coffee cake batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Allow to cool, slice, and enjoy with vegan butter spread.